Patented Cloud-based Fleet and Safety Solution to Address New Hours of Service Rules Throughout Mexico
HOUSTON– Gorilla Safety, a provider of an innovative, proprietary and patented Fleet Management software solution that fully automates all aspects of fleet and safety management, announced today the public availability of its mobile application and web-based dashboard in Mexico.
Gorilla Safety is the first and only cloud-based solution that fully integrates all the capabilities necessary for safely and efficiently managing short- and long-haul vehicle fleets of any size into one platform. All constituents involved in the fleet management process — fleet managers, office staff, drivers, mechanics and owner operators — can easily and seamlessly use Gorilla Safety for improving their operations.
The launch of Gorilla Safety’s fleet solution in Mexico comes as new regulations are being imposed on Mexican truckers and fleets by The Secretariat of Communications and Transportation (SCT) of Mexico. According to National Association of Private Transport (ANTP), effective September 1, 2018, NOM-SCT-2-087-2017 requires drivers to rest for 30 minutes, after driving for five consecutive hours.
Detailed specifics of the new rule can be found here.
Fatigue is a major cause of motor vehicle accidents in Mexico, which is the reason for the SCT’s initiation of these regulations. Mexico is adopting similar Hours of Service standards to the rules the U.S. has had in place for decades, with the inclusion of a 30-minute break requirement.
Gorilla Safety’s advanced technology platform, available in Spanish, is easily accessed from iOS and Android smartphones and tablets as well as from a computer via a web-based dashboard. From the palm of one’s hand and with just a few clicks, Gorilla Safety users can seamlessly perform a range of functions pertinent to the successful and safe management of large fleets, by leveraging advanced features that allow for:
- Recording hours of service electronically through eLogs, Electronic Logging Devices (ELD) or Local Radius Platform
- Managing accidents through real-time reporting, real-time investigation and recount of accident/data collection at the scene, with ability to upload photos and record testimony of incident
- Automated Pre- and Post-trip inspections through Electronic Daily Vehicle Inspection Report (eDVIR), integrating mechanic app in real-time (Gorilla Safety is the first company to bring this patented tool to market)
- Tracking of fuel use and vehicle maintenance
- Using GPS to track fleet assets
- Incorporation of self-certified, ELD-compliant device that meets guidelines set forth by the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) ELD Mandate
- Development and storage of critical (paperless) documentation, i.e. receipts, bills of lading, customized policies and procedures manuals, HR-required documents, training tools, etc., enabling app to be used as a proficient HR management tool for training/managing employees; and citing and storing violations (Gorilla Safety is the first company to feature this capability)
- Sharing information among permissible, granted users so everyone is on the same platform, has access to the same data at the same time and receives customized alerts/notifications to remain compliant and productive
“Gorilla Safety leads the way in the U.S. in automating what was once a cumbersome paper-laden process that had long been the standard in the trucking industry. Since our launch in 2016, Gorilla Safety has been helping thousands of fleets improve safety, remain compliant with evolving transportation regulations and streamline their operations,” said Gorilla Safety Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer Mark Walton.
“Now, we are able to bring our novel solution to fleets throughout Mexico to help them adhere to the SCT’s new HOS rules. The singular goal of Gorilla Safety is to ensure roads become safer, which was the driving force behind our innovation. Using proprietary technology, automation and paperless record-keeping and documentation processes that ensure accuracy and safety, Gorilla Safety will now work closely with Mexico-based fleets of varying size as they learn to adapt to these new rules,” Walton said.
The Gorilla Safety solution can be purchased in Mexico by clicking here, calling 832-334-3035 or via email: email@example.com.
About Gorilla Safety
Launched at the onset of 2016 and founded in 2013 by two seasoned insurance industry professionals, Houston-based Gorilla Safety provides the transportation industry with a patented, affordable cloud-based software solution that automates every aspect of fleet and safety management. Gorilla Safety brings to the marketplace the first and only easy-to-use mobile app that fully integrates all the capabilities necessary for safely and efficiently managing large short-haul and long-haul vehicle fleets. The Gorilla Safety app boasts many features that allow users to better manage their business, improve productivity, increase profitability and lower insurance claims and premiums – all done quickly and simply from the palm of their hands.
For more information, visit www.gorillasafety.com, go to the Gorilla Safety Facebook page or follow the Company on Twitter @Gorilla_Safety and LinkedIn.