Company Also Rolls Out Updates to its Integrated Cloud-based Software Solution
HOUSTON … July 25, 2016 … Gorilla Safety, provider of an innovative, proprietary and patented software solution that fully automates all aspects of fleet and safety management, announced today further enhancement of its innovative mobile app.
In an effort to combat inherent limitations of location tracking capabilities in Smartphones, which only track users’ locations, Gorilla Safety’s R&D team has developed Gorilla Trax, a technology capable of tracking trucks and trailers, thereby solving this industry-wide problem.
Gorilla Safety’s GPS technology works by attaching a proprietary Gorilla Trax device to the vehicle or asset that communicates with its mobile app when a driver is in proximity. This ensures the specific location of the vehicle or asset, and whether or not the driver is actually working when and where indicated. While it’s important to know where the employee is located, it’s more important to track the vehicle or asset.
The new technology developed by Gorilla Safety will not only help improve location accuracy of any fleet but also greatly improves accident response times for first responders. When Gorilla Safety’s technology is deployed, it more accurately identifies the type of equipment involved, the cargo being hauled and potential severity. Its technology affords fleet owners a better understanding of where their trucks are located and allows for more accurate ETAs, client billing, better customer service and overall operational efficiency improvements.
Concurrent with the GPS enhancements, Gorilla Safety is also rolling out major updates across its mobile app technology platform and web-based offering. These include International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) reporting; vehicle tracking inspections processes; the automation of company policies and procedures; enabling remote delivery of safety documentation; and, issuance of alerts relating to procedural violations.
“Technology in the transportation business has been slow to develop and companies lag in adoption, however, Gorilla’s Safety R&D capabilities are helping move the industry forward. With Gorilla Safety’s advanced technology, fleets can now take advantage of cutting edge technologies specifically designed for the safe operation on the roadways. Gorilla Trax significantly improves the GPS tracking of vehicles while still relying on the simplicity and dependability of a user’s Smartphone or tablet,” stated Gorilla Safety co-founder Tommy Johnson.
Mark Walton, co-founder, said: “Gorilla Safety is the most flexible fleet tracking system available on the market today. By leveraging the bring-your-own-device platform, and coupling this with Gorilla Trax, any fleet has the ability to utilize already-owned Smartphones or tablets of drivers and owner operators alike to maximize the power and capabilities of their fleets. Gorilla Trax is offered alongside both the full Gorilla Safety suite as as well as the Electronic Logging Devices (ELD)-compliant versions of our patented solution. We remain on the forefront of bringing the latest technologies to fleets to continually ensure safety on our roads.”
Walton discussed the types of fleets that benefit from Gorilla Safety’s cutting-edge technology: “The kind of fleets we see as the most likely to benefit from our technology are those fleets that require ELD compliance short-haul trucking companies as well as construction companies and other fleet operators that employ drivers that frequently switch vehicles. Small to medium-sized vehicles are also prime candidates for our technology as it will make managing these types of fleets significantly easier to operate and much more profitable.”
Gorilla Safety’s advanced technology platform is easily accessed from iPhones, Androids, iPads and tablets as well as from a computer via a web-based dashboard. From the palm of one’s hand and with just a few clicks, Gorilla Safety users can seamlessly perform a range of functions pertinent to the successful and safe management of large fleets, using advanced features that allow for the:
- Recording hours of service electronically through eLogs, Electronic Logging Devices (ELD) or Local Radius Platform
- Managing of accidents through real-time reporting, real-time investigation and recount of accident/data collection at the scene, with ability to upload photos and record [voice] testimony of incident
- Performing of closed-loop inspections through automated Electronic Daily Vehicle Inspection Report (eDVIR), which integrates mechanic app in real-time (Gorilla Safety is the first company to bring this patented tool to market)
- Tracking of fuel use and vehicle maintenance
- Use of GPS to track fleet assets
- Incorporation of an ELD self-certified compliant device that meets guidelines set forth by the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) ELD Mandate Scheduling
- Development and storage of critical (paperless) documentation such as receipts, bills of lading, customized policies and procedures manuals, HR-required documents, training tools, etc., enabling app to be used as a proficient HR management tool for training/managing employees; and citing and storing violations (first company to feature this capability)
- Sharing of information among permissible, granted users so everyone is on same platform, has access to same data at the same time and receives customized alerts and notifications to remain complaint and productive
About Gorilla Safety
Launched at the onset of 2016 and founded in 2013 by two seasoned insurance industry professionals, Houston-based Gorilla Safety provides the transportation industry with a patented, affordable cloud-based software solution that automates every aspect of fleet and safety management. Gorilla Safety brings to the marketplace the first and only easy-to-use mobile app that fully integrates all the capabilities necessary for safely and efficiently managing large short-haul and long-haul vehicle fleets. The Gorilla Safety app boasts many features that allow users to better manage their business, improve productivity, increase profitability and lower insurance claims and premiums – all done quickly and simply from the palm of their hands.