New Compatibility Extending to Include Light and Medium Duty Trucks Further Strengthens Company’s Fully Integrated Fleet and Safety Mobile App Offering
HOUSTON … May 30, 2017 … Gorilla Safety, provider of an innovative, proprietary and patented software solution that fully automates all aspects of fleet and safety management, announced today On-Board Diagnostic (OBDII) integration with its self-certified Electronic Logging Device (ELD).
Gorilla Safety is now providing customers with OBDII connections, thereby complementing the full suite of features offered within its mobile app solution, designed to automate fleet management and ensure safety.
With the new OBDII functionality, Gorilla Safety’s app is now compatible with light and medium duty trucks providing many businesses the compliance solution they need. For example, the OBDII connection — combined with the oil well waiting time exemption and third-party ELD evaluation, allows Gorilla Safety to offer , among others, oilfield services companies an unparalleled solution to prepare for and manage the impending Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) ELD compliance. Other companies, such as utility companies, contractors and hotshot drivers, can now leverage this award-winning solution, too
OBD systems are in most cars and light trucks on the road today. Through the years, they have become more sophisticated. OBDII, a new standard introduced in the mid-1990s, provides almost complete engine control and also monitors parts of the chassis, body and accessory devices, as well as the diagnostic control network of the car.
Now, Gorilla Safety is ensuring its OBDII integration with its ELD products. While most ELD providers have ignored the needs of the light and medium duty vehicles, Gorilla Safety recognizes their importance.
“Rather than only providing a solution for heavy and extra-heavy trucks, buses and equipment, Gorilla Safety is now able to help blended fleets. By providing the OBDII solution in conjunction with a fleet’s ability to choose between short- and long-haul, Gorilla Safety is now amongst the most flexible ELD provider on the market, well positioned to help any fleet, regardless of operational requirements,” said Gorilla Safety co-founder and chief executive officer Mark Walton.
“Adding OBDII is a key differentiator for our Company. It’s important to the fleets we serve that we offer the most flexible, comprehensive solution to meet the distinct, varied needs of each operation. With the OBDII implementation for both Android and iOS products, we are able to satisfy these requirements allowing for the fleets to operate with compliance confidence,” added Tommy Johnson, co-founder and president.
Gorilla Safety’s advanced fleet and safety technology platform, now with OBDII, can be easily accessed from iOS and Android smart phones and tablets as well as from a computer via a web-based dashboard. From the palm of one’s hand and with just a few clicks, Gorilla Safety users can seamlessly perform a range of functions pertinent to the successful and safe management of fleets of varying size, using advanced features that allow for the:
- Recording hours of service electronically through eLogs, ELD or Local Radius Platform
- Managing of accidents through real-time reporting, real-time investigation and recount of accident/data collection at the scene, with ability to upload photos and record [voice] testimony of incident
- Performing of closed-loop inspections through automated Electronic Daily Vehicle Inspection Report (eDVIR), which integrates mechanic app in real-time (Gorilla Safety is the first company to bring this patented tool to market)
- Tracking of fuel use and vehicle maintenance
- Use of GPS to track fleet assets
- Incorporation of an ELD self-certified compliant device that meets guidelines set forth by the FMCSA ELD Mandate Scheduling
- Development and storage of critical (paperless) documentation such as receipts, bills of lading, customized policies and procedures manuals, HR-required documents, training tools, etc., enabling app to be used as a proficient HR management tool for training/managing employees; and citing and storing violations (first company to feature this capability)
- Sharing of information among permissible, granted users so everyone is on same platform, has access to same data at the same time and receives customized alerts and notifications to remain complaint and productive
About Gorilla Safety
Launched at the onset of 2016 and founded in 2013 by two seasoned insurance industry professionals, Houston-based Gorilla Safety provides the transportation industry with a patented, affordable cloud-based software solution that automates every aspect of fleet and safety management. Gorilla Safety brings to the marketplace the first and only easy-to-use mobile app that fully integrates all the capabilities necessary for safely and efficiently managing large short-haul and long-haul vehicle fleets. The Gorilla Safety app boasts many features that allow users to better manage their business, improve productivity, increase profitability and lower insurance claims and premiums – all done quickly and simply from the palm of their hands.